Friday 1 March 2013

Out of no-where..................2013

I blinked....................and I almost missed it. 2012 ran by like it was competing with Mo Farah!
I shall endeavour to catch up on all the things I mentioned in my last post (sooooo long ago!!), recipes, knitting, preserving and more.

First of all let me say the knitted stars are a real hit with the cherubs. They have them hanging on their bedroom walls now, but for a while they were squeezed to within a inch of their life :)

I managed to get some of the most delicious wool from Red Riding Hood Yarns . Hannah makes simply spectacular hand-dyed boutique yarns......I was lucky enough to get hold of a Delux Rainbow Petite Collection and used a knit star pattern from Ravelry (a truly fantastic knitting and crocheting community site). It was a free pattern by Kirsten Hipsky, although I actually put some stuffing in mine to 'plump' them up for the cherubs.


Starry starry night.......



The colours really are just gorgeous, my photos can't do them justice. I knitted mine on straight needles as Kirsten showed the adaptation for that in addition to knitting them on the round. As a fairly novice knitter (I have done blankets, teddy clothing and am in the middle of a knitted Labrador) they were super easy and in fact I managed to get a set done for each cherub whilst getting mini-cherub down to sleep each night.
After stories and kisses, I would sit on my chair just across from her bed and she would (and does) say 'knitting mamma' and I smile and say 'Yes, knitting' as I try to quietly click-clack away as she falls asleep. Precious moments.




No comments:

Post a Comment